Bug Writing Best Practices:
- What was the issue you ran into?
- What part of the game were you in?
- Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what is the occurrence? 3/5, 5/5?
- How widespread is the issue? Does it occur with multiple units, areas of the UI? Does it happen for the host or client?
- Can you narrow down the steps to reproduce?
- What steps have you taken to try and correct the issue?
- Try to be as clear and concise as you can.
- Reference any relevant units, abilities, UI elements, AI behavior, etc
Terminology to help describe areas of the game:
UI (User interface)
Waiting for Players Screen (Host only)
Strategy Picker (where you develop and choose your units)
- Development Menu
- Unit Selection Menu, Hero/Escort tab
- Strategy Picker map
Conflict Phase (where the conflicts are listed)
Action Phase/Gameplay (where you control your hero in combat)
Results Screen (shows which control points were taken)
Domination/Termination Screen (End game screen to show victory/defeat)
HUD (can be seen in both the Strategy Picker and in gameplay. Top bar, Hero Icon and Minimap included)
Hero: This is the unit you control.
Escort: This is the AI that you choose alongside your Hero in the Strategy Picker. You can pick them out on the battlefield as the AI that is following you around.
Army: This is your AI teammate's units.
Expansion (enemy or your own) - additional arenas
Crash - The game stops responding and closes unexpectedly
Gameplay - Consider this when you are in control of your Hero
Collision - Areas that you're able to get out of bounds or is difficult to path through or get stuck on
AI - AI behaving in an unexpected or weird ways
Text - grammar, misspellings, placeholder text, etc
Network - Disconnections, out-of-sync behavior between players or AI. Be sure not confuse performance issues with a low ping. Be sure to note the ping of the game before you join a match.
Performance - Or Frame Rate. If you run into a performance issue please provide information about your PC Specs in Notes section of the bug and include your dxdiag information if possible.
Art - Missing textures, incorrect team color, z-fighting issues (two textures flickering back and forth)
UI - Any menu systems